The spice of cloves, ginger, and other spices mixed with the floral notes of lavender make this tea a delight for the senses!
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 3 black tea bags or 3 tablespoons loose
- 1 large or 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon culinary lavender
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger or 1/2 inch piece fresh, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom or 3 whole pods, lightly crushed (optional)
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Bring 3 cups water to a boil, add tea, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns, lavender, ginger, cardamom and nutmeg, turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn of heat and let cool 10 minutes. Remove tea bags. Add vanilla and maple syrup, give a good stir. Strain out the large ingredients and place in container of choice.In a glass or mug/cup, pour tea concentrate to about 1/3 – 1/2 full, fill remaining with water or milk.
Serve warm or iced.
Store leftover tea in the refrigerator, use within one week.
Makes about 4 – 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of The Simple Veganista